FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS…
1. How do I register my daughter for TCAA?
You can register your child in 2 ways:
- via the TCAA website (tcaasports.com/registration/)
- or by filling out the registration form, medical release, and photo waiver found on our forms/links page (tcaasports.com/linksforms/) and mailing these documents along with your registration fee to TCAA, PO Box 669, Jensen Beach, FL 34958
2. How do I register my daughter for TCAA after the normal season registration period has expired?
To register you child outside the seasonal registration period, please call TCAA at 772-361-6575 or email us at email@example.com and a board member can discuss your options with you.
3. My child is new to softball, can she participate in this league?
TCAA trains children of all skill levels the fundamentals of softball. So whether your child is new to the game or at the top of her game, she will find the instruction they need to excel.
4. Are the coaches well trained?
All TCAA coaches must be certified through the Babe Ruth Training Program. In addition, the coaching staff is trained via on-site clinics so that the skills taught to the kids are consistent throughout every level of the program.
5. How are the games officiated?
Unlike other programs, all of TCAA’s games are officiated by certified, paid umpires. These officials allow the coaches to concentrate on developing players during game situations and allow the parents to enjoy watching their children play the game.
6. Does TCAA provide tournament experience for all its players?
TCAA provides many players with tournament experience they may not have otherwise had the opportunity in which to participate. The recreational teams participate in at least two in-house tournaments a season. The Xtreme programs participate in anywhere from 1-2 tournaments a month during the regular season.
7. Are there opportunities for my daughter to obtain additional training outside of normal practice schedules?
There are many softball clinics offered throughout the season for players to rotate through skills training stations to polish their abilities.
8. What are some other events available to players in TCAA?
In addition to the recreational league at TCAA, players can also participate in the following events:
- Recreational tournaments that are held locally.
- All-Star teams that play other local, regional, and state Babe Ruth organization are available in most age groups.
- World Series opportunities are provided for the 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, and 16U age groups.
9. Are there opportunities for elite players to be developed in TCAA?
The Babe Ruth programs each offer an Xtreme division for those players ready to take their play to the next level. Players must be registered within TCAA, participate in an evaluation, participate in at least one additional practice a week outside of the recreational league, and maintain a 3.2 GPA. These athletes will participate in one additional tournament per month.
10.What do the players of TCAA contribute to the community?
TCAA is not just about great softball. We also encourage our players to volunteer throughout the year. TCAA has sponsored tournaments where participants were encouraged to donate a dog or cat item (food, toys, etc) that were then donated to the local humane society. TCAA has also brought dinner to the Martin County Firefighters of the Britt and Savanah Rd Departments on 9-11. More activities such as 5K runs and harvesting crops for the local food banks are planned for the next year.
Still Have Questions?
For the answers to any questions not presented above, please contact TCAA at firstname.lastname@example.org.